Cheesy Broccoli Potato Bake
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 3-6 medium fresh brushed potatoes
- 1-2 Tbsp butter
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 cup tasty cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In large frying pan, melt butter over medium heat, add chopped onions and bacon and fry 5 minutes until onion begins to soften but does not brown. Remove from heat.
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes. Set aside.
- Grease casserole dish with butter, then cover bottom of casserole with layer of potatoes. Add a layer of bacon and onion, then a layer of broccoli florets. Repeat until ingredients are used up, reserving potatoes for final layer.
- In small bowl, mix together cream and garlic. Pour over vegetables, shaking casserole gently to help cream settle down through layers.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over the top and bake for 1 hour or until potatoes are soft and top is browned.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.