Caramelised Onion Jam recipe
- 1 kg Wickham Farms sliced onions
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped finely
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Place onions and olive in a heavy-bottom frying pan and cook over medium-high heat about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
- Add sugar and vinegar and cook until the liquid reduces and mixture is thick and syrupy.
- Add fresh herbs, salt, and pepper and cook 1-2 minutes longer.
- Ladle hot jam into sterilized jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Wipe rims clean with paper towel and seal tightly. Turn jars upside down and leave until completely cooled.
- Check to see jars have sealed. If any haven’t sealed properly, refrigerate them until ready to use. Store the others in a dark cupboard or pantry.