Curried Sweet Potato Dip Recipe
- 2 large Wickham Farms whole peeled sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place sweet potatoes, curry powder, turmeric, fresh ginger, salt, and pepper in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to boil and simmer 15-20 minutes until potatoes are tender. Strain, reserving cooking liquid, and set aside.
- While sweet potatoes are cooking, place olive oil and diced onion in frying pan over medium heat and fry until onions are golden and translucent. Add garlic and cook an additional minute. Remove from heat.
- Place all ingredients except cooking liquid into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until mixture is smooth, adding liquid if necessary. Taste for seasoning and serve warm or cold with flatbread or crackers.