Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup cooked and mashed pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Toppings: fresh blueberries, flaked coconut, salted butter, real maple syrup
- In large bowl, whisk together wet ingredients. Set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Add to wet ingredients and stir just until combined. (Do not over-mix.)
- Set frying pan over medium-high heat and lightly grease with butter or sunflower oil.
- Using a half cup measuring cup, scoop batter onto hot frying pan and cook until surface is covered with air bubbles. Flip once and cook another minute or so until cooked through. Repeat until batter is used up.
- Serve hot topped with salted butter, blueberries, flaked coconut, and real maple syrup